We are WestCan Cannabis, a new cannabis startup, and we’re establishing a brand of responsible recreational cannabis stores across Canada. With legalization just around the corner, cannabis will soon be made available for retail in Canada, making this an exciting time to get involved in the new recreational cannabis industry.
As a startup operating in a new industry, we value the following traits for our new team:
- Quick learning
- Excellence in navigating ambiguous situations
We are looking for a West Lethbridge Store Manager.
As the Store Manager, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Be responsible for general business management for the West Lethbridge store
- Communicate key store needs and prospective ideas to upper management
- Deliver and maintain a superior consumer and employee experience
- Analyze store sales and improve on store metrics
- Create weekly sales objectives and lead team members’ efforts toward these objectives
- Develop, implement, and optimise operational processes and procedures
- Execute in-store marketing campaigns
- Manage all aspects of employee leadership, including recruitment, hiring, training, and scheduling (Note: Recruiting will be managed by upper management with assistance from the Store Manager)
- Audit inventory, monitor inventory levels, and purchase inventory from suppliers
- Maintain an orderly and well-organized stockroom
- Maintain a high level of product knowledge
- Ensure compliance with all AGLC cannabis rules and regulations
- Adhere to and enforce Cash and Loss Prevention policies, deposit logs, return policies, etc.
- Support the customer service team by completing customer transactions on the POS
- Complete online training for SellSafe certification and be recognized by the AGLC as a Qualified Cannabis Worker
- Promote a positive and value-driven team culture!
- High school diploma (post-secondary education in a relevant field is preferred)
- Flexible schedule, including weekdays, weekends, and evenings
- Must have a vehicle and valid driver’s license
- Minimum 2-5 years’ experience in a management position (cannabis, liquor, retail, hospitality and/or healthcare experience is preferred)
- Proficiency with technology (e.g. MS Office, Google Suite, etc)
- Excellent customer service skills with a proven ability to build positive customer experiences
- Problem solver with an ability to think on your feet and adapt to changing priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must pass a criminal record and comprehensive background check
Salary is competitive with management positions.
Thanks for your interest in becoming part of our initial team at WestCan Cannabis. If you are interested in this opportunity and meet the criteria listed above, we would love to hear more from you! Please apply by emailing us your resume with the subject line West Lethbridge Store Manager.
Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is selected. Please note that all applications received will be considered, but only prospective candidates will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time